January brings few faces.
happy to meet you in these places where January brings few faces
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
disclaimer

All stories by Cady.
All rights reserved.
© 2012.

about me

My name is Cady, and I wrote these stories all by myself.

  • home
  • profile
  • personal blog

    archives

  • January Brings Few Faces

  • One-Shots

    credits
    skin by afterbirth,
    hosted by blogspot
  • 31

    “This is bullshit,” Owen said.

    “Yeah, you’re right,” Adia said seriously. “I’m sorry I said anything. Tristan, you can be in charge.”

    He smiled sourly. “Well, I’m so glad I have your permission, Supreme Ruler of the Universe.”

    Adia grinned. “I’m Supreme Ruler of the Universe? Holy shit! That’s totally going on my business cards.”

    “Like you’ll ever have business cards,” Owen said out of the side of his mouth.

    “Well, you can go fuck yourself,” she said.

    “Likewise,” he snapped.

    She rolled her eyes.

    Tristan clapped twice. “Guys!” he shouted.

    “There are three girls here,” Adia said.

    “Would you just shut up?” Owen said.

    Adia grinned.

    “Okay,” Tristan said, looking like he didn’t know what to do with his hands, “well, okay. Um. Look. I finished editing the script.”

    “You edited our script?” Adia said, eyes narrowed.

    “It’s a fucking script,” Owen snapped. “Of course it has to be edited.”

    “Let me see it,” Adia said.

    Tristan dug in his bag, then tossed a stack of stapled-together papers to the table. We all grabbed a set.

    “I don’t like this,” Adia said, flipping through it.

    “You changed Ruby’s name?” Owen said.

    “She wasn’t a Ruby,” Tristan said simply.

    “Of course she was,” Owen said.

    “Did you even look at Lissy’s drawings?”

    “Of course I did!”

    “I didn’t,” Adia said.

    “Why not?” Tristan said.

    “I don’t know.”

    “She doesn’t check her e-mail,” Stephanie said. We all looked at her, and she shrugged. “Well, she doesn’t.”

    Adia grinned.

    “Jesus Christ,” Owen said, and groaned. He turned to me. “I would just like to know why I can’t ever be in a normal group. Just once. Is that so hard?”

    Why was he asking me? I hadn’t even met him until we started this project. “Bad karma?” I offered.

    He snorted a laugh and rolled his eyes in agreement.


    part 30 | part 32

    Labels:

    5 Comments:

    I do wonder how anything gets done sometimes in these situations.

    By Blogger ellie, at March 22, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

    I know people like this. Fun dialogue.

    By Blogger Unknown, at March 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM  

    I loved the dialogue.

    By Blogger Holly, at March 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

    I'm sorry, Owen. There is no such thing as a "normal" group.

    I want to see Lissy's drawings! :o

    By Blogger L, at March 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

    You have to wonder how anything gets done in these situations.

    By Blogger ivy, at March 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

    Post a Comment


    All posts by Cady. © 2012. All rights reserved.