January brings few faces.
happy to meet you in these places where January brings few faces
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
disclaimer

All stories by Cady.
All rights reserved.
© 2012.

about me

My name is Cady, and I wrote these stories all by myself.

  • home
  • profile
  • personal blog

    archives

  • January Brings Few Faces

  • One-Shots

    credits
    skin by afterbirth,
    hosted by blogspot
  • 40

    Jonah called me the next morning to say he couldn’t make it.

    “It’s fine.”

    “I have to go over to Ashton,” he said.

    “I said it’s fine.”

    Okay.”

    “I have an appointment today anyway.” It didn’t matter that it wasn’t until four p.m. I still had classes.

    “Oh.” He sounded distracted.

    “I’m sorry,” I said. I don’t know why I apologized. But I felt sorry in the way that people feel when they accidentally step on someone else’s foot.

    “Don’t be.” He sighed. “I didn’t think it would be this much.”

    “Yeah.” I noticed my lips were dry, so I licked them even though I’ve read that that actually dries your lips out more for whatever reason. I thought about Jonah’s lips, always dry from his cigarettes, and I felt a little sad. “Well , it could be worse.”

    “How?” He sounded curious.

    “Everything can always be worse.”

    “Of course.” He made a strange laugh-sigh sound.


    part 39 | part 41

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    How true about those lips! Aw, what will this lead too???

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 1, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

    Glad you updated.

    By Blogger ellie, at May 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

    That's true. That's why, in bad situations, you never say "at least it can't get any worse." Because it will. -.-

    By Blogger L, at May 24, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

    Post a Comment


    All posts by Cady. © 2012. All rights reserved.