January brings few faces.
happy to meet you in these places where January brings few faces
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
disclaimer

All stories by Cady.
All rights reserved.
© 2012.

about me

My name is Cady, and I wrote these stories all by myself.

  • home
  • profile
  • personal blog

    archives

  • January Brings Few Faces

  • One-Shots

    credits
    skin by afterbirth,
    hosted by blogspot
  • 39

    When I went back upstairs, my dad asked me how the vacuum was working out.

    “Fine,” I said.

    “Hey,” he said. “Didn’t you have your job interview today?”

    “Well,” I said. “Yeah.”

    “And?”

    “And what?”

    “How did it go?”

    “Fine.” I grinned.

    “Alice Elisabeth.”

    “Dad.”

    “Lissy Kenway.”

    “Yeah . . . I got the job,” I said.

    He messed up my hair. “I told you you would,” he said.

    “I know, I know,” I said, ducking away and smoothing my hair down.

    “Hey, with any luck, you’ll be able to skip the whole starving-artist shtick,” he said. “You’re a sellout right out of the gate.”

    “I’m not a sellout,” I said.

    “I thought all artists had some sort of qualm about working for The Man.”

    I pondered that. “I think David Charles is too eccentric to be The Man,” I said.

    “He’s eccentric, huh?”

    “Just what you could notice,” I said.

    My dad laughed.


    part 38 | part 40

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    I like her talk about not being a sell out.

    By Blogger ellie, at April 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

    I do wonder about this mystery boss.

    By Blogger Unknown, at April 8, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

    I liked the dialogue in this.

    By Blogger Holly, at April 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

    The more I read, the more I wonder how her parents ever got together.

    By Blogger L, at April 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

    Post a Comment


    All posts by Cady. © 2012. All rights reserved.