January brings few faces.
happy to meet you in these places where January brings few faces
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
disclaimer

All stories by Cady.
All rights reserved.
© 2012.

about me

My name is Cady, and I wrote these stories all by myself.

  • home
  • profile
  • personal blog

    archives

  • January Brings Few Faces

  • One-Shots

    credits
    skin by afterbirth,
    hosted by blogspot
  • 55

    The next day, Jonah texted me as I was riding the bus home: “Want to go out tonight?”

    I texted back immediately. “Sure.” I added a smiley face.

    “Celebrate,” he said. “Sweet.”

    “Celebrating what?”

    “Two things.”

    “Which are . . .?”

    “I never gave you your cupcake.” Winking smiley face.

    “You never did.” Wink.

    “Oh. Other thing.”

    “OKAY . . .”

    “I got a raise.” Grinning smiley face.

    Two exclamation points.

    “I know!”

    Grinning smiley face. “That’s wonderful!” Less than three.

    “And also, I don’t get to see you very much anymore.”

    “Hate life.” Then, in a separate text, just to be facetious, I said, “I hope you’re not celebrating THAT.”

    “Of course I am.” Winking smiley.

    “LOL.”

    “Where should we go?”

    “Wherever you want.”

    “I’ll figure something out.”

    “I know.” Less than three.

    “XXO.”


    part 54 | part 56

    Labels:

    3 Comments:

    Funny part there. Fun text.

    By Blogger Unknown, at October 31, 2011 at 12:30 AM  

    That sounds like a real mystery I'd have with somebody I know.

    Hope you have a fun Halloween!

    By Blogger ellie, at October 31, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

    Hey, how's the novel coming along? I have a few more thousand to go. Like 3 but plan to put in a couple more. I hope.

    I dunno if I love it, but I just keep going with it.

    I had Gus Cartman for inspiration..I didn't do a take off from any of my characters, but the thing is I'm so happy to get back to the ones in my blog. I know, I'm probably crazy.

    Hope all is going well.

    By Blogger ellie, at November 14, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

    Post a Comment


    All posts by Cady. © 2012. All rights reserved.