January brings few faces.
happy to meet you in these places where January brings few faces
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
disclaimer

All stories by Cady.
All rights reserved.
© 2012.

about me

My name is Cady, and I wrote these stories all by myself.

  • home
  • profile
  • personal blog

    archives

  • January Brings Few Faces

  • One-Shots

    credits
    skin by afterbirth,
    hosted by blogspot
  • 43

    “I’m so sorry,” I said, standing up as I noticed David Charles approaching me. I don’t know why I apologized, or why I felt bad enough to bother apologizing.

    “How could you get lost?” he said in a strange combination of kindness and reproach.

    “I don’t know,” I said, and paused to think. “Shortz Street was blocked off.”

    His eyes widened. “I thought that was where we were supposed to be going.”

    “It is.” Was it? I wasn’t even sure anymore.

    He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “Well, Alice,” he said. “This is a problem.”

    “I’m sorry,” I said.

    “Stop apologizing,” he snapped.

    “Okay,” I said.

    He glared at me.

    What?” I said.

    His face relaxed. “I’m not going to lie to you, Alice, I was expecting you to say sorry again.”

    I smiled.

    “It’s a setback, but not a devastating one.”

    Well, thank heavens!

    “I suppose we can still continue our quest.”

    So it was our quest now?

    “What’s the quest?” I said.


    part 42 | part 44

    Labels:

    5 Comments:

    What an interesting guy. He's going to be interesting to work for.

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 25, 2011 at 7:24 AM  

    Its like blind leading the blind. I feel this way, a lot at work too. Craziness.

    Can't wait for more.

    By Blogger ellie, at May 25, 2011 at 7:31 AM  

    I love both installments. Its got a good feel to it. =D

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 25, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

    So glad you're back! Thanks for the note. I so love this dialogue.

    By Blogger Holly, at May 25, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

    Don't glare unless she says it, GOSH. Anywho, I think he's an okay guy...

    By Blogger L, at June 1, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

    Post a Comment


    All posts by Cady. © 2012. All rights reserved.