January brings few faces.
happy to meet you in these places where January brings few faces
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
disclaimer

All stories by Cady.
All rights reserved.
© 2012.

about me

My name is Cady, and I wrote these stories all by myself.

  • home
  • profile
  • personal blog

    archives

  • January Brings Few Faces

  • One-Shots

    credits
    skin by afterbirth,
    hosted by blogspot
  • 18

    I bought a Vitamin Water from a vending machine and headed to the library. I set up shop at a table in a dim corner and tried to draw something, anything. Shapeless forms appeared beneath my pen on the paper. They were nothing. They were terrible. I put my things away.

    I folded my arms on the table and rested my head on them. I was tired behind my eyes. I was tired a lot these days, I thought. I watched a slim, wise-looking girl idly browse the bookshelves. A philosophy major, perhaps. She had the look of a budding philosopher. She looked like someone who gave good advice. She looked like someone who told stories. I wondered what her story was. Did she have a mother who came at you full speed with a battering ram? Did she have a father who ducked and ran? What did people think of when they saw me? Did I look as lost as I felt? Did I look like someone who told stories? Was it obvious that I liked to watch people?

    “Do you mind?”

    I looked up. The girl hovered a small stack of books on the edge of the table.

    I shrugged. “Go ahead.”

    She returned to the bookshelves. I wondered what section I was in. I wasn’t actually very familiar with this library. The girl added some more books to her stack. I couldn’t see the spines.

    Suddenly, I felt like it was very obvious that I was watching her. I slung my bag over my body and left.


    part 17 | part 19

    Labels:

    4 Comments:

    Such a mystery. In the lib. too. I liked the questions asked in that paragraph.

    By Blogger ellie, at February 24, 2011 at 9:12 AM  

    I hope they get to talk.

    By Blogger Holly, at February 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

    I like how we see some many vast aspects of her life in little segments through the day.

    By Blogger Unknown, at February 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

    I hate when I want to draw something and it turns out like that. :/



    I know! I was reading over it before I posted it and was like "Wait. He pulled marshmallows from...the fridge?" Maybe he just likes them that way, he's weird.

    By Blogger L, at February 26, 2011 at 4:40 PM  

    Post a Comment


    All posts by Cady. © 2012. All rights reserved.